Bringing High-Quality Legal Services To Brooklyn

Answers To Your Personal Injury Questions

At Arze & Mollica, LLP, our lawyers have been representing clients in personal injury claims in Brooklyn and throughout New York. We have seen all types of questions and issues that arise in these cases. Our goals are to answer your questions, help you through the legal process and get you the best compensation award possible. Please peruse the answers to some of our most commonly asked questions and reach out to our attorneys to discuss your case.

What can I do if the compensation I received from my insurance company doesn’t cover my hospital or other accident-related expenses?

If you accepted a settlement from your insurance company after your accident, it’s unlikely that you can go back to them for more money weeks or months later. That’s why it’s a bad idea to accept an insurance settlement immediately after your accident: Some injuries won’t show up for days or even weeks after your accident. If you’ve been injured, call an attorney before you accept anything from your insurance company in order to protect yourself.

What is a bad faith claim?

If your insurance company pressured you into taking a settlement, acted unlawfully, didn’t fully investigate your situation or breached a contract with you, you may file a lawsuit against them. This is called a bad faith claim. One of the most common examples of bad faith is the denial of a legitimate insurance claim, especially after a serious auto accident. If your insurance company has denied your claim in bad faith, our lawyers will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve.

Is my construction accident claim a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim?

It depends on your situation. If you are a construction worker who was actively working at the time of your injury, it may be either a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim. If you are a civilian who was walking past a construction site when you were injured, it will likely be a personal injury claim. However, in some cases, multiple parties are liable, so you may file a claim against both your workplace and a third party, such as the manufacturer of a drill that broke. Our attorneys can help you determine what type of claim to bring.

How do I know if medical malpractice has occurred?

If you or a loved one was seriously injured due to a medical mistake, you may have a medical malpractice claim. These cases can range from a doctor misdiagnosing a patient to a nurse administering the wrong dosage of medication. If the injured party had a professional relationship with the medical professional, the professional was negligent, the negligence caused the injury and the injury caused serious harm, you may be able to prove your medical malpractice case.

Can I change lawyers if I already have one?

Yes, you can change lawyers anytime you want. The law requires that once a new lawyer or law firm is retained by a person, the prior law firm must cease all work and turn over the client’s file to the new office, after receipt of a letter representation by the new office and the case expenditures on the case thus far. If you are considering obtaining a new firm, some questions to consider are: Does my current attorney’s office keep in touch with me to provide me with clear updates; Is my case moving at a steady pace towards a resolution; Has my law firm assisted me in clearly understanding the process and helped to put me in the best position to obtain a favorable result?

Contact Our Firm

Arze & Mollica, LLP, is here to help you. If you have any questions or need help obtaining compensation for injuries and losses, call us at 718-737-9324 or email us. We offer free consultations, and we work on contingency, so there are no fees unless we win your case.

Our office has personnel fluent in both Spanish and Russian, and we frequently employ translation services for other languages.